Sunday, April 10, 2011

Hearts Aplenty (PTU scrap kit)


For this tag I used Paint Shop Pro X3 it should work with any version of the program. Any resemblance to any other signature or tutorial is not intended and merely coincidental
You will need the “Hearts Aplenty” scrap kit by Karin Herd. You can get it from I Got Lucky Skraps.
You will also need two tubes of choice I used Lady Mishka’s beautiful artwork Please do not use the same tubes without proper license. I used the Devil template by Dee. As I go I add drop shadows to my items so I will not say to add them. As always use your drop shadow of choice mine is 0,0,100,1,black.

To start download the scrap kit unzip it, download your template, and pick your tubes.

Open your template hit shift+d to duplicate your template save this template as a psp file called whatever you want your completed tag to be called. Close the original template. Now we are going to delete or hide some of the template layers. I removed the Raster 1, left pink circle, left white circle, right pink circle, right white circle, black circle, bottom white circle and bg. I liked the look of the word art layers they way they were so I merged them together by closing off all of the layers but the word art and merge visible. Now view all. In your layers palette lock all but your word art layers together Move the word art so it is more centered you should have something that looks like this. Now is a good time to save.



Add your tubes now I know it might seem a little backwards to add them now but it will help with your paper selections later. I added my “devil” tube above the black circle layer I resized just a touch so it fit better. Now cut off the excess tube by making your black circle layer active selections float> selections defloat make the “devil” tube layer active use your freehand selection tool to make the selected area larger around items you might want to keep (I kept the pitchfork) now selections>invert and hit delete Selections > defloat. For my other tube I added her above the dotted square layer I did not resize her at all. Again we need to cut off the excess tube Since you can’t cut very well with dots I used my grey square layer as the one I made my selection box with using the same method as above. Again you should use your freehand selection tool to make the selected area larger around items you might want to keep (I kept all of her hair) Selections > defloat. Save.

Pick a few papers from the kit I used KLH_HrtsApTS_Paper01, KLH_HrtsApTS_Paper02, KLH_HrtsApTS_Paper03, KLH_HrtsApTS_Paper06, KLH_HrtsApTS_Paper15. Cut your papers into the template layers using your favorite method. I like to click on the layer I am changing and add a new raster layer selections select all, from the kit open paper of choice copy and paste into the selection. Make the previous template layer active and selections float> selections defloat make the paper of choice layer active and hit delete. Selections > defloat now delete the template layer. Remember to make your new paper layer locked with your other layers. Do this for all of the template layers. Save.

Open three of the flowers I used KLH_HrtsApTS_Flower02s, KLH_HrtsApTS_Flower04s, KLH_HrtsApTS_Flower10s resize them to your liking and make a cute cluster of flowers for the left side of the word art. Open KLH_HrtsApTS_Dangle06 resize so it fits nicely stapling your “square” layers together. Open KLH_HrtsApTS_Charm09 resize to your liking and move to the right of the word art. Save.

Add any other elements from the kit you want to when you are happy with the placements Merge visible. Resize the tag to 450 pixels wide making sure the resize all layers box IS checked; sharpen. Add the copyright information for the tube you used and your name. To save the clear background save as a png. Congratulations you have finished another tag!!

If you need help with this tutorial please feel free to contact me at iceholecyn(at)gmail.com change the (at) to @ to make the email work =D
Feel free to show off what you have created with this tutorial at the same email address. Please comment if you used this tutorial I would love to know if this was helpful to anyone =D Thanks for trying my tutorial!

1 comments:

Nelson Souzza said...

The blog is very good!
Congratulations!
http://nelsonsouzza.blogspot.com

Grab my Blinkie!

Powered by Blogger.

Stamps!!!

I did not make these but I do love them soo!!! ~ Photobucket ~ Photobucket ~ Photobucket ~ Photobucket ~ Photobucket ~ Photobucket ~ Photobucket ~ Photobucket ~ Photobucket ~ Photobucket ~ Photobucket ~ Photobucket ~ Photobucket ~

About Me

My Photo
Cindi
I am married to my high school sweetheart. We have been together since 1994. We have one amazing little girl who makes everyday an adventure!
View my complete profile

My girl Marsha's Tut site

Photobucket

Followers

T.O.U.

OK so for now I am going to keep it simple.

Please email me if you have any questions regarding usage which is not answered. Contact: iceholecyn@gmail.com

If you want a tag or stat I have displayed PLEASE contact me I save most of my templates.

If you want to share my work with your friends and family, send them a link to my blog so they can download for themselves.Just copy and paste my URL http://iceholecyn.blogspot.com/

You MAY NOT:* Claim my work as your own.* Alter any of my work and claim as your own original creation.* Upload my work to any website or file hosting site as downloads.

My CU items simply require a credit as a part of your kit. IF you are feeling generous you can send me a free copy of your kit :D

Thank you!
Cindi aka IceHoleCyn