Sunday, March 6, 2011

Retro Punk Tag Tutorial (PTU scrap kit)



For this tag I used Paint Shop Pro X3 it should work with any version of the program.
You will need the “Retro Punk” tagger scrap kit by Creative Intentionz.

You will also need a tube of choice I used Myka Jelina's beautiful artwork you can get it HERE Please do not use the same tubes without proper license. I used Monti’s blinds mask 1 you can get it HERE.

To start download the scrap kit unzip it, put you mask in your masks folder, and pick your tube.

In PSP open ciz_retropunk_paper9 Shift+d to duplicate the paper close the original. Save the duplicated paper with what ever you plan to call your completed tag. Auto save will only save your work IF you have save at least once before. Promote background layer go to layers> load/save mask> I picked Montiblindsmask1 but any circle mask you like will do the trick. Merge>Merge group. Image>canvas size 720 lock aspect ratio checked.

Open ciz_retropunk_paper9 copy and paste as a new layer. Image>resize uncheck the lock aspect ratio then choose pixels and make it W400 by H 300 make sure the Resample using Weighted Average IS checked, resize all layers box is NOT checked. Open ciz_retropunk_paper12 resize change the pixels to W375 H275 leave the rest of the settings the same. Image>rotate> free rotate> 5% left. Open ciz_retropunk_Heart1 copy and pase as a new layer. Open ciz_retropunk_clip3 copy and paste as a new layer Image> rotate> free rotate 100 Left. Image>resize 60% check the lock aspect ratio box. Use your move tool so that the clip looks like it is holding the layers together. Hide the mask layer and merge visible. Add your name in the heart. I used Delta Hey Max Nine.

Open your tube and copy and paste it as a new layer use your move tool to move your tube to the right of the papers. Open ciz_retropunk_emobunny copy and paste as new layer Image resize 60% move over in front of your tube. Give your bunny, the girl and the paper a drop shadow of 0,0,100,3 black. Merge the bunny down.

Add any other elements from the kit you want to when you are happy with the placements Merge visible. Resize the tag to 450 pixels wide making sure the resize all layers box IS checked this time; sharpen. Add the copyright information for the tube you used and your name. To save the clear background save as a png. Congratulations you have finished another tag!!

If you need help with this tutorial please feel free to contact me at iceholecyn(at)gmail.com change the (at) to @ to make the email work =D
Feel free to show off what you have created with this tutorial at the same email address. Please comment if you used this tutorial I would love to know if this was helpful to anyone =D Thanks for trying my tutorial!

0 comments:

Grab my Blinkie!

Powered by Blogger.

Stamps!!!

I did not make these but I do love them soo!!! ~ Photobucket ~ Photobucket ~ Photobucket ~ Photobucket ~ Photobucket ~ Photobucket ~ Photobucket ~ Photobucket ~ Photobucket ~ Photobucket ~ Photobucket ~ Photobucket ~ Photobucket ~

About Me

My Photo
Cindi
I am married to my high school sweetheart. We have been together since 1994. We have one amazing little girl who makes everyday an adventure!
View my complete profile

My girl Marsha's Tut site

Photobucket

Followers

T.O.U.

OK so for now I am going to keep it simple.

Please email me if you have any questions regarding usage which is not answered. Contact: iceholecyn@gmail.com

If you want a tag or stat I have displayed PLEASE contact me I save most of my templates.

If you want to share my work with your friends and family, send them a link to my blog so they can download for themselves.Just copy and paste my URL http://iceholecyn.blogspot.com/

You MAY NOT:* Claim my work as your own.* Alter any of my work and claim as your own original creation.* Upload my work to any website or file hosting site as downloads.

My CU items simply require a credit as a part of your kit. IF you are feeling generous you can send me a free copy of your kit :D

Thank you!
Cindi aka IceHoleCyn